Estrada resources transitioned from a subcontractor to a prime contractor for a portfolio of projects supporting the DGS business units and their integration with the State of California’s financial system (FI$Cal). The nine (9) roles performed by ECI included project management, systems analysis, and programming.
Results and Value
- Fleet Asset Management System: Two senior ECI Programmers and an Analyst contributed to this management system for vehicles managed by the DGS. Programmers completed the most recent version of the system, and an analyst was responsible for documentation to ensure system sustainability for future changes.
- Statewide Property Inventory (SPI) Portal: A senior ECI Programmer contributed to this interactive inventory system for DGS and State agency staff to obtain visibility into their records. The system serves the public, State agencies, and internal management staff through a single portal.
- eTracker Dashboards: A senior ECI Programmer contributed to this reporting system by creating Dashboards to allow state architects to obtain visibility into project information.
- RESD Management Reports: Three senior ECI Programmers, a Project Manager, and Analyst contributed to this system that allows construction staff to estimate their project effort required on State construction projects for the purpose of oversight and inspection.
- FI$Cal Interfaces: A Project Manager and Analyst contributed to management, coordination, and documentation for interfaces between DGS core systems and FI$Cal. Interfaces included a Web Service, two interfaces for project information, two interfaces for asset management information, and an interface for accounts receivable information.
The system includes the following technologies:
.NET, MVC, (5.0 beta template from the State), Web API, Telerik, Entity Framework, SQL Server, and Team Foundation Server for Agile Requirements, Test Documentation, and Code Configuration Management.
- Client CA Department of General Services
- Project Type Application Development and Project Management - FI$Cal Integration